THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. Thank you to everyone who participated.
All winning pieces will be published in The Blake-Jones Review‘s online magazine and promoted through social media channels. Even if your piece doesn’t win, we may still choose to publish it as an honourable mention.
About you and your piece(s)
Please be sure to read through the following guidelines with care. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the contest process.
- You can be from anywhere, but your entries must be written in English.
- Please submit your own, unpublished work. Publication includes public social media channels and your own blog or website.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please let us know if a piece is accepted elsewhere for publication. Unfortunately, we are unable refund your entrance fee.
- Your piece must be between 300 and 1000 words not including the title.
- Please do not put personal information on your submission document. Pieces will be judged anonymously.
- Please double-space your document and use a legible font. Save your document as a Word (.doc, .docx) or PDF.
- Your filename should match the title of your piece.
- When you fill out the submission form, please include a short cover letter and a bio of no more than 100 words.
Thank you for understanding that running a contest comes with costs. We will only ever charge for contest entries, not regular submissions.
- Cost to enter is $2.50 CDN for one piece, $4.50 CDN for two, and $6.00 CDN for three.
- Payment is through PayPal only, but you do not need a PayPal account to enter. If you do not have a PayPal account, and do not want to create one, you can checkout as a guest using your credit card.
- Entries are non-refundable even if you withdraw a piece.
- Please use the form in the sidebar to begin your entry. You’ll be taken to PayPal to make your payment and then returned to the entry form.
- Make a note of your transaction number so you can add it to your submission form.